Sunday, July 31, 2011

Amigurumi Hippo PDF pattern!


There´s a story with every crocheted amigurumi toy that I have made. I have made two amigurumi hippos but they already live their own beautiful life. I started to miss the hippo! At the same time some people started to ask the pattern as well. It was time to make a new one!
Mostly I like to use cotton yarn with these tiny amigurumi toys. Quite many toys have been crocheted with Hanna Cable, GB Wolle. As I make tiny cuties, I like to use 2 mm crochet hook, but my patterns should be adaptable for bigger hook sizes as well.  Hippo is going to be approx. 6 cm long using 2 mm crochet hook as I did. My amigurumi friends used 3mm and 3, 5mm crochet hook and they succeeded perfectly.

In my opinion one of the most important thing with these tiny toys is joining pieces together, it needs a bit of patience:)

If you learn some basic crochet terms like: Crocheting in the round, forming a magic ring, slip stitch (sl st), single crochet stitch (sc), single crochet increase (Inc), single crochet invisible decrease (Invdec), how to make a color change and joining pieces together then my patterns are easy to follow! Nothing hard really! You just have to want to make amigurumi cute things and if you add your feelings as well, there´s always going to be a lovely result! In any case, it works with me:)

Of course there are some tips as well. With this amigurumi hippo pattern I try to show You how I love to join amigurumi toy parts together. I love to use pins in every way. One example:



My written patterns are always with pictures to help you! Personally I love photos to go with the tutorial! 

You will find this beautiful amigurumi hippo pattern in my Etsy shop.
And in Raverly.

 

Hippos are cute little creatures. They are often used in many forms on children´s clothes and on accessories and personally I love it. Also something that is convenient for boys as well. Why not making a little crocheted hippo for someone you care about. 

My dear amigurumi friends tested it: Amiguria





Nouveau patron amigurumi: Hippo au crochet, est disponible dans mes boutiques: Etsy and in Raverly avec 14 photos pour realiser ce petit hippopotame! Le patron est en anglais.
L´hippo est réalisée en "rangs continus", comme tous les amigurumi jouets - il ne faut
pas fermer les rangs ou tourner la pièce. On peut utilise un marqueur pour indiquer le
début des rangs ou bien le fil pour marquer le début de rang.

Comme une décoration, cadeau naissance pour bébés et pour chambre d´enfants.

 

2 comments: