Saturday, May 27, 2017

Hand Painted Safety Eyes for Amigurumi


I ´ve painted safety eyes for several years now, mostly to my crochet club members, for my own creations or just because it fulfills the need to paint and work with colors. People have asked do I sell them? I´ve come so far that some of these sets of Amigurumi Gourmet Eyes are available in my Etsy Shop. I use artist´s acrylic paint and acrylic varnish, every pair is worked with great care. Hand painted amigurumi eyes will make amigurumi toys even more special and unique. These examples are 18mm, slit pupil eyes, perfect for amigurumi lizards, crocodiles, dragons, snakes, cats etc.
Hope you like them too!





5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Bertina! Eyes can be washed if the toy itself is washable in water. Not recommended to be washed in a washing machine, though (surface can be damaged). Hope it helps!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your reply. That is exactly what I needed to know. I sometimes crochet teddy bears and my sister does dolls and I wanted to make sure the paint wouldn't come off the eyes if the item was to be washed.

      Delete
  2. Hi I bought some 15mm eyes from a while ago but they didn’t have any backs to them. Are they available. Regards Beryl Cherriman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my hand painted safety eyes come with washers, did you have a proper look into the parcel? :) :)

      Delete