Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Make great crochet gifts for Christmas!

Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern 


Get the Printable PDF pattern from Etsy shop: TinyAmigurumi
Add this pattern to your Ravelry queue: Crochet Christmas Stocking
Video showing those Handmade Crochet Christmas Stockings








These little crochet Christmas stockings are great gifts, garlands, ornaments, perfect for adding to a tree or decorating a present and what´s most important fun to crochet. Make them red, green and white, combine colors, use different hook sizes and yarns. 
Here I used acrylic yarn: G-B No 1, (DK weight) with a hook size number 2,5 (you could use 3mm hook)
I´ve also tried the stocking pattern with a 4,5mm crochet hook using Alize Lanagold Plus, which turned out great! I will show them in my next post. 
I have to say I´ve never used acrylic yarn before, but these colors were the perfect match and I decided to give it a try. I´ve mostly designed crochet toys and used natural yarns to complete my amigurumi toys but acrylic yarn works absolutely fine when making crochet decorations and garlands. It´s not easy to find a holly green color, the perfect green which is associated with Christmas. 

You can vary the size of your stocking just by changing the hook size, by changing the yarn thickness and also by varying the tightness of the stitches!

Finished size:
Using a 2,5mm hook: approx 10 cm/3.94 inc
Using 4,5mm hook: approx 15 cm/5.9 inc
The bigger your hook the bigger your stocking ends up being.

I hope you enjoy making them. All photos are welcome or if you are using Ravelry or Instagram, tag me that I could see your crochet creations made with this pattern. 
I also provide follow up service, meaning if you have any questions following the pattern, please just send me a message, I´ll help. 
Other amigurumi crochet patterns that are great for Christmas:




 And of course...

 Crochet Piglets



Thank you and see you in my next blog post with more crochet stuff



No comments:

Post a Comment