Friday, December 28, 2018

Lucas the Teddy Bear Pattern - Amigurumi Crochet


Lucas the Teddy Bear (We´re one but we´re not the same!)


My latest three teddy bears: made with Lucas the Teddy Bear Pattern  The original Lucas the teddy bear pattern calls for hook size number 2, but here I used 3mm crochet hook for the very first time in my life. :) I use 2.5mm hook with most of my yarns, they are often DK/Worsted weight or 2mm with Sports weight for smaller ones like this mini bunny.
Lucas the Teddy Bear works with all kind of yarn and hook sizes, design won´t change. Excellent. And I like to follow my patterns on a smartphone. :)
I used Scheepjes Stone Washed XL yarn (Yellow Jasper), 3mm crochet hook, 8mm hand-painted safety eyes, cotton thread for the nose. Needed 3 balls/skeins on the dot of this beautiful yarn - 150 grams. I recommend buying 4, just in case, if you´d want to try with a 3.5mm crochet hook as well. 
I followed more or less this list:

1st ball: legs, ears, a tail

2nd ball: a body, a hand

3rd ball: second hand, a head



Some amigurumi videos for tips, how to embroider the nose etc: Amigurumi Video Tutorials






They would make such a nice gift for triplets :)
You can give your time by giving someone a teddy bear you´ve crocheted up yourself. Big and small at the same time. Teddy bear is a lifetime friend - a timeless keepsake. 



My desk with my very first Lucas the Teddy bear on the right side. 


I also bought Stone Washed XL Moon Stone and some other colors, want to make more crochet teddy bears, 6 all together. Will see...
Thank you for stopping by. It´s so nearly the time to close the door on 2018 and step into 2019. See you! I´m grateful. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. bonjour, est-il possible d'acheter le patron de l'ourson Lucas? merci domydupouy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dominique, oui, ce patron est disponible sur Etsy et Ravelry, mais il est en Englais /je peux vous envoyer les abréviations en Francais! :)

      Delete