Thursday, September 10, 2020

Amigurumi Crochet Snail Pattern

Crochet Toys - Snail

Etsy: Crochet Snail Pattern

Ravelry: Amigurumi Snail Pattern

Nice to see your projects and have a look at what the other crocheters have done.

Amigurumipatterns.net: Tiny Amigurumi Snail

This is my very first amigurumi crochet toy pattern from years back, now with an updated version, DK weight included.

Crochet hook: 2,5mm
Size: approx. 10,5 cm/4,1 inc
Yarn: Ricorumi DK, DK weight /8 ply, on 10 pages! E
asy to follow pattern with lots of photos. I even included how to change the color, how to use poppers, and how to coil it up using the yarn, etc. 

I also made some videos: They can be found here: Amigurumi Video Tutorials

You can make these super cute snails including your own favorite colors. 

Why I like these crochet snails? I find them adorable, they are great toys for kids, they make nice gifts, and the end result gives such a great sense of achievement. Quite quick make as well. Also suitable for beginners - basic crochet stitches: single crochet, increasing and decreasing. 





You may want to add a little message while coiled up in one piece like seen here


Fun fact: it´s the same indoor plant I have had for a decade. Now slightly smaller. 

That´s an old photo of the year 2002 I believe :) 



And the process of making amigurumi toys

The process of making toys, actually designing them is a long process, but when you can hold it at the end and people get back you with their makes and positivity, it´s all worth it. And I will literally crochet for the rest of my life, hopefully. I was 6 years old when I understood that I like that world of toys, shapes, creativity, etc. My head is full of ideas, projects, etc. I see colors - I feel them. Crochet helps in so many ways. When your hands are working your brain is calmer. There´s so much noise around us, it helps to concentrate on yourself. 



There´s not much yarn needed for one crocheted snail. Cotton yarn is great, but why not to try with different yarns. As said. My pattern gives you at least two versions: how to work with fingering weight yarn (4 ply) and how to crochet your snail with DK weight yarn (8ply), Ricorumi DK here. 






Aren´t they just cute?

How can I see your makes with this pattern?

Please tag me on Instagram: @_happyamigurumi

Always happy to share!

And Ravelry: such a great place to upload your makes and tag it with the design. 

Thank you!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment