Thursday, August 6, 2020

New Jointed Teddy Bear Pattern - Amigurumi Crochet

I am so excited to share my newest and latest crochet teddy bear pattern - 5-way jointed teddy bear (also jointed at the neck) called Teddy Marta.

Actually, this teddy bear design is from the year 2018 Jointed Teddy Bears Villem and Marta I have worked hard on this design to provide a fun, enjoyable crochet teddy bear pattern. Now Teddy Marta is updated - upgraded - two in one - top-down version and down-up version. This crochet pattern has got 24 pages with guided photos, also related videos: Amigurumi crochet video tutorials



Jointed Crochet Amigurumi Teddy Bear

I got my head down for many weeks. I wanted to create an easy - enjoyable - always working - utterly cute - down to this point where nothing could be taken away - pure lines - minimum joining (only ears and a tail). This is a wonderful pattern for amigurumi crochet lovers who don´t like sewing body parts together. 

Personally, I´m drawn to simple and pure lines and it´s the most difficult thing in designing amigurumi toys. Taking everything away (at first, you can always add them, but they don´t make a part of the design): no bows, no ties, no ribbons, no booties etc. All can be added afterward though to make your teddy even more personal. I want to see the design working not the accessories. 

A jointed teddy bear is fun: all arms and legs are moving, also the head. 

You need safety joints to create this crochet teddy bear, but of course, buttons are also a way to go. 

You can also find the kit as to eyes and joints that fit perfectly for this crochet teddy bear in my shop: Safety joints and Eyes for Teddy Bears

This amigurumi design is designed in a way that all places where to insert the joints are marked in the pattern. I went even further: you´ll have two approaches to make the 5-way jointed teddy bear. I´ll give you both. I´ve created two ways: from top to bottom and from the bottom to the top. This is a matter of taste really. Some might find the first one more convenient and some the other approach.

I would suggest you try them both and then make a third bear in your preferred way. I like them both and what´s more important, they do give a slightly different shape to the body and how the head is positioned. 

I will add video tutorials as well as a supplementary to the pattern itself (even everything is described in a pattern, sometimes visual approach helps), so stay tuned. 

They will be listed here: happyamigurumi crochet video tutorials


Share your crochet projects and feedback 


Some additional information about the pattern:

it comes in 23 pages and is detailed with photos. I also offer a follow-up service if needed. Just send me a message and I´ll get back to you as soon as possible. Crocheting has to be fun!

Amigurumi Teddy Marta is crocheted in the round. Do not join the rounds.

Mark the beginning of your rounds with a stitch marker or safety pin. I use yarn

to mark the beginning of each row but you can choose whichever way works

best for you.

Size: with 2,5 mm crochet hook:

Approx. 22cm/8.7inc, 18cm/7.1inc, while sitting.

 

Tools and materials what you´ll need:

1. 2.5 mm crochet hook

2. Alpaka Premium, Schachenmayr smc, 100 g = 200m = 109 yds, DK or any other Alpaca yarn.

(also depends on the tension you use when pulling the stitches)

3. 8mm black or brown safety eyes (or whichever other color works for you)

4. For the filling: sheep wool or fiberfill or any other toy stuffing. Stuff gradually (I also mark places where I stuff in the pattern, you can take this as a guide).

5. Joints: 3 x 16mm joints for hands and head and 2 x 20mm joints for legs. 


Crochet skill level:

This pattern requires knowledge of basic crochet terms:

Crocheting in the round

forming a magic ring

single crochet stitch (sc)

single crochet increase(Inc)

single crochet invisible decrease (Invdec)

 

Terms:

“Magic ring”: an adjustable loop with 6 sc, pulled together tightly, there is no

hole left in the middle.

“Neat finish”: this is one of the methods used to finish toys in amigurumi.

I will describe it my pattern as well. 

 

Abbreviations used:

Sc – single crochet

Inc – increase

Invdec – invisible decrease

3 sc in one – 3 sc into 1 sc

Sl. st. – slip stitch

Ch. st. – chain Stitch

 

Thank you!

More lovely photos and posts to come with this crochet teddy bear pattern. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment