Thursday, May 9, 2013

New Teddy Bear PDF Pattern

 

New Teddy Bear PDF Pattern: Lucas the Teddy

I have made one Amigurumi Teddy Bear Pattern before and I wanted to make another as well, with legs and hands that could move easily.
It all started quite a long time ago with teddy´s legs that came out really big and a bit fat. I liked them, then they waited a couple of months to have the rest of the body.

Lucas the Teddy pattern is available in my Etsy shop and in Ravelry 
I have great news about my pattern shop. I´m using a new feature that gives an instant download to the buyer just after payment. Now you don´t have to wait for my email, Etsy will send you an e-mail with the link to the pattern download. It helps to avoid the waiting process because there are different time zones... It´s really convenient for a buyer. 

Making the pattern

As to legs and hands, I didn´t use joints, because I wanted to make a version where no joints are needed.
Making these teddy bear hands was also fascinating because I wanted hands with lovely curves - in the end, I was successful. According to the body, it was something really odd, because I have to stick with the saying that the first feeling is right. I made one version and wanted to try several ones, still stayed with the first version. 
I used 6 mm safety eyes, put them really close to each other and near to nose - gives a really cute look. The teddy bear is just the perfect size for children, for illustrating you can see photos.

I used Austermann Bambou Soft yarn: 65% merino, 35% bamboo, and 2mm crochet hook. 
Briefly, I´m really happy about the pattern. Just have to crochet the pieces separately and then join them together. And as one little girl said to me, teddy has to have a tail too. So I made one. Usually, I don´t make tails :) But it fits perfectly.
Here you can only change colors and have a different result.

I hope you enjoy it! Thank You for visiting and welcome back!




Getting to know each other!
My son was really happy to get this bear. Lucas the Teddy is named after him. We have quite many amigurumi toys at home and I think this is the best way to have toys - to make them by yourself and not to buy plastic ones :) - all handmade toys are the best toys, in my opinion.








26 comments:

  1. I love so much your pattern :)♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, and the pictures are amazing well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is pattern for a grey bear?
    I'm sorry for the mistakes, I'm Polish ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/151515664/pattern-lucas-the-teddy-classical-teddy

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I thought that these bears are different ;)

      Delete
  4. Trop mignon...je voudrais le même! Serait il possible d'avoir les instructions en français?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour, j´ai l´intention de le traduire en francais (dans un mois, probablement) :) - merci pour un commentaire si joli!

      Delete
  5. I'm currently making him :D He's completely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is lovely, I can't wait to make him. Can I ask, if you wanted to add joints would it work and do you know what size I might need? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thank you! Using joints, can´t tell for sure, maybe 1 - 1,5 cm would be ok. You could try. This pattern is made without using joints, in near future would like to make one teddy bear design with joints as well.

      Delete
  7. Bonjour, je viens de découvrir à cet adorable ourson, j'adorerais le réaliser pour mes petits enfants. Serait il passible d'obtenir les explications du patron en français . Je vous remercie beaucoup de nous faire part de vos créations. Mon mail est blicqe@gmail.com. Merci, bon dimanche

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eliane, pour le moment, ce patron existe seulement en Anglais, mais je pourrais vous donner les abbréviations aussi en francais, il y a beaucoup de photos de plus.

      Delete
  8. Hi, I just bought your pattern which I plan to make for my soon to be born grandson.
    The pattern doesn't state how many ball of wool required? I presume One ball?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thank you, 2 balls, 100 gr. should be enough :) Hope it helps!

      Delete
  9. Dear Laura, I've purchase your pattern and I want to tell you that I have big pleasure crocheting it! It was really clever (!) pattern and the best teddy bear I've knit ever! Thank you so much��

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonjour
    Comment avoir les explications en français svp
    Merci beaucoup
    Martine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Martine!
      Et voilà:
      Am – former un anneau magique; magic ring

      Ms – maille serrée; sc- single crochet

      3sc into one - 3 x maille serrée

      Aug – augmenter; Inc- increasing

      Dim – diminuer; Invdec - invisible decreaing

      Mc – maille coulée; sl. st - slip stitch

      Bien cordialement
      Laura

      Delete
  11. any place I can buy this? I am from INDIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, I sell the pattern/tutorial for this teddy bear: https://www.etsy.com/listing/151515664/pattern-lucas-the-teddy-amigurumi

      Delete