Thursday, July 4, 2019

Lucas the Teddy Bear - Crochet Toy Pattern

Amigurumi Teddy Bear Pattern 

White Teddy Bears
- Scheepjes Stone-Washed XL yarn. 3 balls (150 grams)
- 3mm crochet hook
- 8mm safety eyes, I used hand painted safety eyes that I paint my own.
Some sets available here: hand painted safety eyes
- size: 33 cm
one suggested way of crocheting body parts (tension may be different)
1st ball: legs, ears, a tail
2nd ball: a body, a hand
3rd ball: second hand, a head

Classic Teddy Bear Tutorial


There are also some useful crochet videos to help you along the way: how to add safety eyes, how to embroider the nose, how to stuff your teddy bear, how to assemble body parts etc. 
amigurumi crochet videos

I have used from 2mm up to 4,5mm hook size with this teddy bear pattern and it has always turned out great. I´ve created a design that looks lovely when tiny or big. 


White on white snow


Scheepjes XL: 70% Cotton, 30% Acrylic. Gives this a bit vintage feel that I like on my teddy bears because the design has this traditional and classic look. Crochet teddy bear that lasts. 


With different safety eyes and thread to embroider noses, you can create a whole new look. 







I have been designing and creating crochet toys for more than 10 years now and if I can use only single crochet stitch to create something like this (yes, it takes time, a lot more you think or I have ever anticipated  :)), it really fascinates me, the way how to create lovely and memorable crochet toys with only single crochet stitch. Personally, I don´t need fancy and complicated stitches to create something beautiful. I want to show you that with only single crochet you can crochet up a stunning teddy bear. Simplicity is my thing. Let the teddy talk :)


Please do share your versions with Lucas the teddy on Instagram or Ravelry using tags: #lucastheteddy or @_happyamigurumi. I´d be delighted to see them all. Thanks and see you in a short time with more crochet toys and patterns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment